Devil Jin, Zafina, Lee Chaolan, and Alisa Bosconovitch are four new fan-favorite characters revealed for TEKKEN™ 8, Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. announced today. The publisher also showed the first in-game glimpse of Panda, bringing the current number of fighters to 30 of the ultimate 32 unique characters who will make up the game’s full roster.
TEKKEN 8 is coming on January 26, 2024, to PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam®, and is available now for pre-order in Standard, Deluxe, and Ultimate, with bonuses included for every edition. Also available is the limited Premium Collector’s Edition that features collectibles including a ten-inch tall glowing Jin figurine, a vintage style “King of the Iron Fist” Arcade Token, a Leroy Smith metal ring, and more. For more information, please visit https://tekken.com/.
The four new characters revealed today are:
- Devil Jin: The powerful but cursed alternate fighting form of protagonist Jin Kazama, Devil Jin returns as the “Blank Wings of Ruin.” His appearance matches his name, and his fighting skills are beyond human capabilities.
- Zafina: The “Mystic Stargazer” Zafina brings back her unique fight style rooted in her warrior heritage and her spiritual abilities as a mystical astrologist. Her methods are as old as her lineage, using Ancient Assassination Arts in her attacks.
- Lee Chaolan: Lee Chaolan fights with Martial Arts, but his true power comes from the Violet Suit, a one-of-a-kind battle suit that uses sophisticated technology and unleashes attacks that reflect his “Silver haired-Demon” persona.
- Alisa Bosconovitch: Alisa Bosconovitch is the “Destroying Automaton” developed by the brilliant scientist Dr. Bosconovitch. Alisa’s fighting skills come from her high-mobility flight suit and her arsenal of technological weaponry.
- Panda: Panda’s nickname as the “Pretty Protector” comes from her double duty as both Ling Xiaoyu’s pet and bodyguard. She uses Heihachi-Style Advanced Kuma Shin Ken as her fighting style.
The characters in TEKKEN 8 play key roles in the game’s storyline, which continues the epic saga of the Kazama-Mishima feud. Learn about the fighters, their histories, and their place in the TEKKEN™ saga on the official TEKKEN 8 roster breakdown.
Check out a video highlighting a fiery Jin figurine and other bonuses in the TEKKEN 8 Premium Collector’s Edition here
Developed by Bandai Namco Studios Inc., the next sequel in this legendary fighting game franchise is going to be the most visually stunning in the series. TEKKEN 8 harnesses Unreal® Engine 5 to bring new weight and atmosphere to the game’s battles, with every character remodeled in stunning detail and new dynamic and destructible environments added to the game. With only two fighters left to reveal between now and launch, many key and classic characters have already made their debuts. The final two fighters in the 32-character roster will be revealed on November 2nd and November 12th.