Details on Fender® Collaborations, Hatching-tide 2022 Seasonal Event and GARO Collaboration Shared Alongside Patch 6.1 Launch
LOS ANGELES (April 12, 2022) – A new chapter in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online story begins today with the first major content update following the launch of Endwalker™ with Patch 6.1 “Newfound Adventure.”
This latest patch beings a new story for the Warrior of Light while adding an array of new content alongside enhancements to support an approachable solo-play experience. These changes include adjustments to several low-level main scenario duties as well as the implementation of the new Duty Support System, which provides players with the ability to complete 4-player main scenario dungeons and trials from A Ream Reborn™ (2.0) alongside a party of NPCs. Major revisions to Cape Westwind and later duties have been made to further support an accessible, solo-play experience. The Duty Support System will also be expanded in future updates to support Patch 2.x content, as well as Heavensward™ expansion pack content and beyond.
The Patch 6.1 trailer can be viewed at: https://youtu.be/0aBy5yKQlZg
Patch 6.1 also brings a variety of new in-game content for players to experience during their newfound adventures. Further details on this content are outlined below:
- Main Scenario Quests – Patch 6.1 will mark the start of a fresh chapter for the Warrior of Light, beginning a new storyline following the acclaimed Endwalker conclusion.
- New Role Quest – An additional story will become available after completing all Endwalker role quests.
- Duty Support System for A Realm Reborn – Players can now complete main scenario dungeons and trials from A Realm Reborn (2.0) with NPC party members.
- New Dungeon – Players will be able to access an additional dungeon in the Patch 6.1 main scenario quest.
- New Trial: The Minstrel’s Ballad: The Endsinger’s Aria – Players can experience a new Extreme Trial, The Minstrel’s Ballad: Endsinger’s Aria.
- Unreal Trial: Ultima’s Bane (Unreal) – Relive the battle against the mech of myth in this Unreal difficulty battle challenge.
- New Alliance Raid: Myths of the Realm – The first part in a new 24-player alliance raid, Myths of the Realm: Aglaia, will challenge players as they uncover more about the divinities known as the Twelve.
- New PvP Content: Crystalline Conflict – Crystalline Conflict is small-scale PvP available to all players level 30 and above. Patch 6.1 also includes PvP action updates and implements a new PvP rewards system.
- Empyreum Residential Area – Plots in Empyreum, the new Ishgardian residential district, are available for purchase.
- Adventurer Plates (beta version) – Create and customize character profiles and plate designs using Adventurer Plates. Character profiles can now include information like a player’s favorite job and title, player portraits, playstyle preference, active play times and more.
- Portraits (beta version) – Capture the appearance of your Warrior of Light by customizing poses, movements, camera angles, backgrounds, framing, lighting, and more. You may save a variety of different portraits and select one to be applied to your adventurer plate.
- The Unending Codex – An assortment of information on characters and terms up through Patch 6.0 will be added to player’s Collections as they progress through the Patch 6.1 main scenario, with new entries being added as the story unfolds.
- New Game+ Update – Players can now revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes and battles from Endwalker and a portion of Patch 6.1 while keeping their current character and levels.
- New Gear and Mounts: GARO Collaboration – PvP gear inspired by the hit Japanese TV show GARO returns with Patch 6.1. Players can earn special mounts and gear modeled after the show designed by legendary character designer Keita Amemiya. New jobs introduced in Shadowbringers™ and Endwalker can also equip this collaboration gear.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content and updates have been added with the launch of Patch 6.1, including job adjustments, new Hrothgar hairstyles, more glamour plates, the ability to try on items from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Store and more.
You can find the full details for Patch 6.1 in the patch notes at: https://sqex.to/p9Duo
Players can also look forward to more exciting content as the 6.1x patch updates continue, including:
- “Tataru’s Grand Endeavor” (Patch 6.1x) – The spotlight falls upon Tataru in this new sidequest series.
- New Ultimate Duty: Dragonsong’s Reprise (Patch 6.11) – Players will revisit the fearsome battles of the Dragonsong War, with a new level of difficulty.
- “Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures” (Patch 6.15) – The inspector extraordinaire and his friends will return in another sidequest series, which will begin in Patch 6.15.
- New Custom Deliveries (Patch 6.15) – Crafters and gatherers will be able to earn rewards through new Custom Deliveries with Ameliance Leveilleur.
- New Tribal Quests (Patch 6.15) – New Arkasodara tribal quests for battle classes and jobs will be added.
- Data Center Travel (Patch 6.18) – Players will be able to visit Worlds in different logical data centers within the same physical data center.
- Omega: Beyond the Rift (Patch 6.1x)
- And much more…
For more information on all the content being added, visit the Patch 6.1 promotional site:
The seasonal event Hatching-tide begins tomorrow, April 13 through April 27 with new in-game quests and exclusive rewards for players who participate. Players who participate in Hatching-tide can look forward to finding Jihli Aliapoh, who’s nearly hopping with excitement to discuss the miracle that is this year’s event. Anyone who manages to complete her quest will be able to get new in-game items, including the Hatching Bunny minion, Eat Egg emote, and the Eggsemplary Basket and the Hatching-tide Mobile housing décor items. For more information on Hatching-tide, visit the promotional site at: https://sqex.to/NZJnv
Finally, SQUARE ENIX® announced sales details for the premium FINAL FANTASY XIV-themed collaborations with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (“Fender”). The first collaboration features a FINAL FANTASY XIV original design STRATOCASTER® guitar with imitation crystal detailing, custom branding on the neck and a custom, vintage-style hard shell case adorned with the FINAL FANTASY XIV logo. The second collaboration features a FINAL FANTASY XIV original design Crystal Shard guitar pick set which includes five picks, each representing one of the existing expansions from FINAL FANTASY XIV.
The FINAL FANTASY XIV STRATOCASTER® is currently available now on Fender.com and select retailers in EMEA and will launch in the U.S. May 2022.
The Fender x FINAL FANTASY XIV Crystal Shard Picks will be available on Fender.com and select retailers in EMEA and the U.S. in May 2022.
To find a retailer near you, please visit www.fender.com
With more than 25 million total registered players, there has never been a better time for newcomers to begin their adventures in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga. The expanded Free Trial now includes all content from A Realm Reborn and the Heavensward expansion (and updates through Patch 3.56), as well as an additional playable race (Au Ra), and three additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles, without limit on playtime. More information is available: http://sqex.to/FFXIVFreeTrial
For more information on FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker, visit the official site here: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/.
Endwalker Promotional Site:https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/
SQUARE ENIX® Press Site: https://press.na.square-enix.com/
Official Facebook®: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official Twitter®: @FF_XIV_EN
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 164 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
About FENDER MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS CORPORATION:
Since 1946, Fender has revolutionized music and culture as one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC)–whose portfolio of owned and licensed brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch® guitars, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel®, Bigsby® and PreSonus® – follows a player-centric approach to crafting the highest-quality instruments and digital experiences across genres. Since 2015, Fender’s digital arm has introduced a new ecosystem of products and interactive experiences to accompany players at every stage of their musical journey. This includes innovative apps and learning platforms designed to complement Fender guitars, amplifiers, effects pedals, accessories and pro-audio gear, and inspire players through an immersive musical experience. FMIC is dedicated to unlocking the power of musical expression for all players, from beginners to history-making legends. In 2021, Fender celebrated 75 years of giving artists “wings to fly,” carrying on the vision of its founder, Leo Fender, and connecting players through a shared love of music.# # #FINAL FANTASY XIV © 2010 – 2022 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
LOGO ILLUSTRATION: ©2021 YOSHITAKA AMANO
ENDWALKER, the FINAL FANTASY XIV logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, EORZEA, FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY logo, THE LODESTONE, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. FENDER (standard and stylized), STRATOCASTER and the distinctive headstock shapes commonly found on the Fender Stratocaster guitars are trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation and/or its affiliates, registered in the U.S. and other countries. “PlayStation” and the “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks and “PS4” and “PS5” are trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.